Sunday, October 17, 2010

Product Review: Moo Moo's Poblano Chick (Pea) Patties

As a rule of course I prefer fresh food but we always keep a few things in the freezer that we can cook up quickly in a pinch. After a long weekend in San Francisco we were home just late enough and the fridge was just empty enough that after feeding the kid, I resorted to perusing the freezer stash.


I'm a sucker for a well designed box, so I had unreasonably high hopes for this frozen entrée. It was a disappointment. I couldn't even bring myself to eat it. The corn side dish was quite tasty but the patties tasted remarkably like hummus made from a powdered mix. The taste is ok but the texture is disturbing to say the least.

I briefly considered frying them to see if it helped but I'm just too beat from our trip. My husband, who will eat just about anything will finish this off for lunch tomorrow and I'm going to throw together an egg sandwich before I head out to do some grocery shopping so I don't have to repeat this tomorrow night.

Edited to add: My husband wouldn't even eat them. That's not good.

No comments: